2-3 Hours 'setting' time
- 160g desiccated coconut
- 80g coconut cream
- 2 dessertspoons xylitol or honey
- 150g dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids)
- Place the coconut, coconut cream and sweetener in a bowl and mix together. The mixture should easily stick together; if required add more coconut cream.
- Gently shape into small bite sized balls and place on a sheet of greaseproof paper.
- Place in the freezer for 2–3 hours until frozen.
- Once the balls are frozen solid, melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Remove the coconut balls from the freezer and dip each one into the melted chocolate. Roll it around to
ensure it is completely coated in chocolate.
- Arrange the chocolate coated coconut balls on a baking sheet covered with greaseproof paper and
place in the fridge to set.